I'm happy to announce that today we've released the first beta of Drizzle7! It's been an exciting ride so far and I'm expecting it to be only more exciting moving forward, now that I can actually say things like "yes! please try it!"
Some quick thoughts:
- We're speaking MySQL Protocol over 3306 by default - all of your MySQL connectors should work fine.
- drizzledump can read from MySQL and write to Drizzle.
- Replication has changed.
- Authentication has changed.
- Options processing has changed.
- There are tons of plugins.
We're actually going to care about breaking things moving forward.
So... yes! please try it! I'm excited to find out what new things people are going to try to do with it.